Saul's Blog

Hello 2010!

So my winter break pretty much flew by and now look where we’re at, 2010. It probably wasn’t as much of a sentimental moment for me as the media made it out to be, I mean, it was no year 2000.

Anyways, if I could sum up my winter break in a few sentences it would be something like… 1. I got a new phone, iPhone 3GS! :D (I love it) 2. I got hired at the Co-Op as a seasonal textbook employee — the management is great and I’ve really enjoyed working there. 3. I started dieting on New Year’s and I must say, I feel great. I can tell my body definitely responds better when I’m not only exercising often, but also eating clean.

It was nice seeing the fam over the break, I only see them once in a while because I basically never get homesick, but an xmas visit is all but required, haha.

As far as school, my schedule this semester is fantastic. I dropped a class last week so now I’m just cruising at 12 hours. Most excitingly, I got accepted into the sport management program a couple of weeks ago! Finally. I’m really happy about that. I don’t know what program I would’ve entered had I not been accepted into the SM program. My next step is to look for an internship which I really need by this 3rd year of my college career. Another interesting academic prospect that I’m looking into is the bridging disciplines program. They have a specialty in innovation and creativity which I believe can benefit me in the long term.

Things are going great with Sigma Pi as well. We got a pretty good rush class developing and a lot of quality potential members. We had our “Dirty South” party yesterday and that was a huge success. It was fun hanging out with a bunch of my amigos, but then again, when is it not?

I just want to take a moment to congratulate all of our high school seniors who may be reading this who have been recently accepted to UT. Many great things await all of you here at the University of Texas. As always, I appreciate any comments, questions, or feedback. That said, I’m out, ttyall soon. Hook’em

P.s. What’s going on with our basketball team!? We made it half way through the season undefeated, including two wins against top 10 teams, and then we drop 3 out 4. I don’t know what’s going on, but I will still be at the games yelling my head off.

January 31, 2010 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Saul