Victoria's Blog

A Letter to the Weather Gods

Dear Weather Gods:

So across the nation, everyone is dealing with one of the nation’s worse winter storms. Snow is covering almost the entire northeast and even creeping all the way down south. But one place that it has not reached is Austin. I am utterly amazed that Austin has not gotten any snow since I have been a student here. I thought that was one the perks of leaving Houston to go north a few hours. What’s the point of below 40 degrees if no snow is there to show for it. I mean honestly weather gods, what’s going on. This winter it has snowed in HOUSTON, SAN ANTONIO and even in THE VALLEY. I think the weather gods are playing a trick on UT. We don’t we get any snow but an abundance of rain. I am starting to think that’s all Austin does. Its like a four day cycle on repeat. Rain for 2 days, then 1 beautiful day that reminds everyone why we love Texas so much, then by the 4th day, the clouds return. I just hope everyone has a pair of rain boots when they come to Austin because in my experience you will get good use of them.

This winter has so far been not so great, but there is always hope. In a few weeks it will begin to look like Spring, and along with Fall, are what make Texas so special. Spring weather just can’t be beat in my opinion. Highs in the 80s, lows in the 50s. It’s perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. So weather gods, forget if that groundhog saw its shadow or not and bring Texas its mild winter and beautiful Spring us Texans have grown to love.

Yours Truly,

Vicky T

photo of Victoria