So the day comes in every college student’s life that they really have to decide what they want to do with their lives. Well this day has come. I have to decide if I really want to go to law school or graduate school. Lets give the pros and cons of each.
Law School Pros:
- broad areas of specialization
- more job opportunities immediately after graduation
- really cool to tell people at my high school reunion
- can get out of a speeding ticket (I am a good driver though)
- take a bar exam in each state I live in
Law School Cons:
- it takes three years of hard work and lots of reading
- I don’t necessarily want to practice law
- I only like certain parts of law
- I will have to dress business causal a lot, and I HATE heels!
Ok, now lets look at grad school. For the sake of this argument, I will assume that I will go to grad school for a Masters of Public Affairs (or something close to this).
Grad School Pros:
- It takes two years
- And narrow in on exactly what I want to do — serve underrepresented communities
- Cheaper than law school
- Can still FEEL like a college student
Grad School Cons:
- doesn’t directly lead to a profession
- can only study one area
- Lots of hard work (same for any kind of higher education)
Well after much thought I have decided that Grad School is the best for me. Now the scary part begins. I want to take the GRE on August 28, 2010. So I have 7 months to get ready. On your mark… Get Set… Go!