Saul's Blog

My Somewhat-Exciting-And-Rather-Productive/Enjoyable Week

So this past week has been a rather productive one for me. I’ve been dieting since New Year’s day and I must say, it feels great. I’m about 5 weeks in and there has been a noticeable change in my body composition every week.

We wrapped up Rush this week and it’s time for our new pledges to be inducted later today. One of our last Rush events, dinner at 3rd Base, was a lot of fun. One of our alumni owns that restaurant and he hooks us up with a 50 % percent discount which is generous to say the least. When we arrived, there were a few alumni hangin out at the bar so it was good to see/hear from some of our local alumni who have moved onto to successful occupations after college. The hardest part of that night was figuring out what I was gonna eat, haha. Those menus are treacherous for anyone who is looking to eat clean. I ended up going with the chicken club.

I was accepted to attend the Texas Union Leadership Weekend! I filled out an application last week and found out today. I love going to camps and retreats. Nothin better than spending a weekend with a buncha strangers, haha. Also, I’m planning on applying to the Order of Omega, a program aimed at recognizing outstanding members of the Greek community, and GLR, Greek Leadership Retreat, a student run overnight retreat aimed at enhancing the leadership skills of individuals within the Greek community.

I cannot believe that Texas basketball lost another game! And to OU of all teams. Oh well, I’m sure we’ll collect and be ready for our big game against Kansas later today. Speaking of sports, I’m glad New Orleans got their first Super Bowl. I really didn’t think they had much of a chance. To be honest, not many of my friends or I were too vested in this game, but it was still an exciting game. Looks like the Colts should’ve went for that undefeated season after all.

The weather here in Austin has been terrible all week long, I can’t stand this rain. The worst thing is, it’s been really annoying rain, the kind that takes its sweet time, doesn’t come all at once, and is paired with wind and cold temperatures. I’m lookin forward to this next week. I know that I’ll have my first wave of tests in about a couple of weeks so I definitely have to start makin sure I’m well prepared for those upcoming exams.

As always, let me know if there is anything in particular y’all wanna hear about or if ya have any questions/comments.

Sidenote: I use the pronoun y’all as opposed to you guys from a concept I learned when working as an orientation adviser.

photo of Saul