Victoria's Blog

Spring Break Pressure

So I am not bragging or anything, but I like to think I have a lot of friends. The problem with this scenario is that I feel like I don’t have enough time in the day or year to hang out with everyone. This problem has been blasted in my face with the coming of a very important college ritual: SPRING BREAK.

While I concede that I am not your typical South Padre girl, I do think it is important to have fun during this random break in the year. I mean think about it, why else would schools interrupt the flow of classes other than to give students a break. It has to be so students, including myself, find the energy to survive the rest of the semester. Back to my problem, I simply can’t spend SPRING BREAK with everyone I want to, so a decision has to be made. Tough, but I have to pick.

To try to avoid this confusion from happening I was supposed to go to Mardi Gras with one group of friends and SPRING BREAK with another. This plan FAILED. For one, Mardi Gras fell on my sister’s birthday/valentine weekend. Second, my other group of friends has not finalized any plans for SPRING BREAK. So what is a girl to do, take matters in her own hands. And this leads to my new plans…… MIAMI with my boyfriend. And because some of my friends might happen to read this, just know I tried to make it work. Don’t shoot me, shoot failed group think, and social pressure acting on us.

To my boyfriend, we better go to MIAMI or I will really feel bad, no pressure of course.

Well that’s the plan for now, and lets all pray that it stays the same.

1 Comment to Spring Break Pressure

Have I ever let you down? Ye of little faith! lol

March 3, 2010
— Charles Graham

photo of Victoria