Victoria's Blog

Archer Program Success!!! Going to D.C.

After waiting for what seemed like a lifetime, I learned last week that I was indeed accepted in the Archer Program for the Fall 2010 semester! I received the email at like 1 p.m. last Friday and all I could do was smile. I knew that this was perhaps the biggest moment of my college career.

To give a little bit of background on the Archer Program, it allows for UT students to work full time in Washington D.C. and take classes in D.C. for a full semester. So for the fall semester I will be in D.C. I have already begun my planning for the move, but I am still moving on adrenaline as of now.

I realize that this is a wonderful opportunity to me, but more importantly I think it proves why UT is such a great school. The opportunities that are offered here are simply not found anywhere else. Oh and I forgot to mention that the Archer Program provides housing in D.C. and it will be “real world” style. Sixteen students in one huge row house in the middle of D.C.

Safe to say, I can’t wait until the fall comes. But at the same time, I am somewhat sad because I will miss my friends and family; it’s almost like studying abroad. And of course, the hopeless romantic that I am, I will miss my boyfriend who happens to be studying abroad in Argentina this summer; but that’s a totally different story.

photo of Victoria