Saul's Blog

Can Someone Please Take Me Back to South Padre?

Wow, so it’s been a while and there are many things to share.

The weekend after I last wrote I attended GLR, Greek Leadership Retreat. It’s basically just a retreat where formal leaders of every Greek organization on campus spend a weekend together to enhance the Greek community. I would say the best part of the weekend was getting to meet other Greeks and I can’t say that I didn’t gain some valuable insight.

That same week I found out I was inducted to Order of Omega, which is a very prestigious Greek honor society. That would have to be one of the awards that I am most pleased with because it was one of those applications that you submit not knowing if you have even a decent shot, but it turned out well. Induction was held in the student union and, not to my surprise, I ran into a few of the same people from GLR.

On a sad note, I busted my finger in a basketball game and have had the unfortunate pleasure of trying to live a normal life with lobster hands. In a weird twist of fate, I managed to hurt both of my index fingers so I taped them up, hence the lobster hands.

Moving on to quite possibly my favorite part of the year… Spring Break! Omgoodness! I don’t know what everyone else did, but if they weren’t at South Padre Island I’m gonna have to go ahead and say sorry. I drove down to the island with one of the brothers, Vincent, and a pledge, Daniel. We also brought along one of my high school buddies, Jessica. We pretty much drove down there with no real plans and not even a place to stay, lol. We were fine though, we met up with a bunch of friends and there were Sigma Pi’s from all over the country there. All I can say about the island is that it is definitely the place to be during spring break, especially Coca Cola beach.

At this point we are about half way through the semester and I’m knee deep in it. It’s still a bit premature, but most of my grades are lookin somewhere in the high B, low A range. By the end of the week I will have applied to LeaderShape, the Leadership and Ethics Institute’s (LEI) student leadership program, the Honor’s Colloquium Mentorship program, UT’s general scholarship fund, Trudy’s restaurant and to Austin Fit Magazine as an intern. I don’t know why everything falls in the same week, I’m just happy there are no tests this same week. Anyway, I’ll keep ya updated and as always, let me know if ya have any questions, comments or suggestions.

photo of Saul