Melissa's Blog

I WON

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who came out and voted in the 2010 Student Government elections, especially all 500+ of you business kids that voted Melissa for McCombs!

Gah, I cannot say it enough but I am literally ecstatic. Campaigning has been so intense, and I am so happy that all of the hard work and energy paid off. I spoke at a ton of student orgs (BAPsi, HBA, AISEC, UDems, College Republicans, FBA, UFA, UBC, PCT — to name a few), passed out fliers every chance I got (including in front of basically every BA101 class), talked to a lot of student leaders about what they would like to see from SG, made my pitch, got endorsements, stressed, stressed, stressed, and — tonight — sighed a huge breath of relief!

Again, thank you so much to everyone that came out to vote and congratulations to everyone who was elected tonight (especially fellow b-school reps Bekah Thayer and Alyssa Herring)! OH OH OH! Big news though — for the first time in a decade there is going to be a run-off election for president because no one was able to claim 50 percent of the vote. This means another week of campaigning for Scott & Muneezeh and Minator & Justin. Good luck, everyone! (I am graciously choosing not to endorse anyone, so please don’t ask!)

Ah, okay, well since I no longer have a campaign to stress over, I think I’m going to go do something REALLY novel right now….SLEEP! Good night UT, future Longhorns, NJ, and you.

photo of Melissa