Melissa's Blog

My Favorite Person Visits My Favorite Place [picture!]

Okay, so as if things in my life couldn’t get any better, my best friend in the whole, ENTIRE universe came and visited me for part of her Spring Break!

Ivy, my bestest bestie, and I met when we were in- what- first grade, I think? Anyways, we’ve been best friends ever since and when we chose to go to schools halfway across the country it was definitely not so fun. It’s especially rough because Ivy is in Boston, so she can go home more often/she’s generally just closer to our hometown. I, on the other hand, don’t get to come home as much because flights are expensive and since the flight is 4 hours-ish, it is kind of impractical for me to come home for just a few days or on long weekends. So when Ivy’s dad offered to send her down to Austin for her Spring Break, we both freaked!

It’s funny, I never feel like I am at a loss for things to do in Austin, but when given the job of tour guide it’s suddenly like, “Uh….where is there to go in this city?!” So of course, we went shopping, to all the yummy restaurants, talked incessantly, and I showed her the Austin nightlife. It was so fun showing my absolutely favorite person in the world my new favorite place in the world. Overall, it was so much fun, and I am so, so happy Ivy got a chance to come and I got a chance to see her before summer (which is the next time I’m going home).

Now I just have to get through my MASSIVE history test and then Spring Break will be here! Wish me luck (1,600+ of Middle Eastern history on one test should be illegal. Just saying.)

I wanted Ivy to experience Austin night life so my friends and I took her out for a night on the town! I'm the one holding up the peace sign, and Ivy is the shorter girl to my right in the leggings. SUCH a fun night.

I wanted Ivy to experience Austin night life, so my friends and I took her out for a night on the town! I'm the one holding up the peace sign, and Ivy is the shorter girl to my right in the jacket. SUCH a fun night.

photo of Melissa