Manuel's Blog

TxSkoolboi.com… Build YOUR website!!

A few months ago the thought of having a website never even crossed my mind, but after coming across a ‘build your own website’ website I decided it may be time to take my business a step further. I figured my business, providing DJ services to the UT & Austin community, could use a website because I may take next semester off to do a co-op and I risk losing communication with campus organizations which are one of my biggest clients. A website would be a good way to promote myself to them without having to be there.

Anyway, after coming across the site I spent like 6 hours working on my own website! That’s right… 6 hours!! I got extremely caught up in my website and even though the first shot at it was basic and not very professional I got very excited and decided to take it further. I bought a domain from a popular website for like $8. I had no idea it was that cheap to buy your own domain! I am now the rightful owner of TxSkoolboi.com and it feels good. Next I had to find a host to well… host my website! I used a free host I found after searching online. I had to do quite a bit of research about how to build, own and maintain a website but after my initial research putting my website together only took about a day or two at the most. It was fairly easy and I wonder why I had never tried it before.

Now my site is complete and I’ve been adding more features every week or so. My latest task has been to start a mailing list. I know there are many places where I could sign up for one but I am a stubborn person and I like to learn how to do things on my own, therefore I am in the process of learning how to create my own mailing list. This new hobby of mine has forced me to learn a bit of HTM, PHP and Flash but that’s ok, it should benefit me in the long run and I will be able to say that I built my own website from scratch!

Well I guess that’s it for now. I leave you with a screen shot of my homepage. Feel free to stop by and leave some comments!

A screen shot of my website's homepage.

A screen shot of my website's homepage.

Until next post!

photo of Manuel