Evelyn's Blog

Evelyn’s Finale – Part 1

Wow, what a month! Sorry LC readers, I have been busier this month than ever! The end of the year included final papers, huge projects, and most importantly GETTING MARRIED!! I think the wedding deserves a post of its own — so that will come in Part II :)

Cannot believe that I pulled a 4.0 this semester. I came to the conclusion that a ‘B’ in one of my classes would be okay this semester, so imagine my surprise when grades came in!

I became co-chair of the Higher Education Administration Student Professional Association in the spring, and have been conspiring with my dear friend and other co-chair Craig on how to improve the student organization. Graduate students have so many other factors that take up time rather than school (mainly families, children, jobs, etc.). I sure miss my undergraduate days!

SUMMER PLANS:

• Internship: McCombs School of Business Graduate Advisor: I will be working with the undergraduate advisors this summer, and CANNOT WAIT! I feel a strong connection with the field of academic advising, and am looking forward to the practical experience with some of the best advisors on campus.
  • Job: Football! Yes, I said football! Starting this summer, I will be a mentor for the incoming freshmen football athletes, and working in the academic department. Woo hoo for experience :)
  • Honeymoon: Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia, and Budapest HERE I COME!

It’s going to be an awesome summer! Thank you for reading my blog this year, hope you have enjoyed it!

Hook ‘Em!

-Evelyn

May 29, 2010 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to Evelyn’s Finale – Part 1

Aww congrats on your marriage!!!

August 2, 2010
— sg

photo of Evelyn