Felicia's Blog

Note to Self #4:

[Every time I forget to say yes ma’am or no sir, I have to climb the 40 flights of stairs to my dorm room.]

Not to diss the West Coast, but they seemed to have left out a vital lesson during kindergarten.

During the manners class, they forgot to include “yes ma’am” and “no sir” with the magic words “please” and “thank you.” Now, like I said I’m not saying they had to teach it, it’s not expected over there, which is OK if you plan to stay on the West Coast your whole life.

But what about us kids who wander off into another state? What happens to us? I’ll tell you, we get some serious dirty looks when we answer “yeah” to the question asked by any respectable adult.

I feel horrible when I realize my mistake and several times I have almost sprinted back to apologize and answer correctly. If you are ever near me and hear me slip out of the Texan manners with a “yeah sure” when the cashier asks “Is that all?” just give me a little nudge, otherwise I’ll be trudging up 40 flights of stairs to my room.

I’ve tried it and it’s not fun. I arrived to my room out of breath, sweating and quads shaking. A little out of shape perhaps? Maybe I should remember to not only have manners but to stop by Gregory Gym as well…

(: Felicia

October 22, 2010 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to Note to Self #4:

So true!

December 17, 2010
— S Gambill

photo of Felicia