With one final nearly tucked away, and the prospect of a few days of leisure on the horizon, I can’t help but think of all the non-homework I’ll be doing starting tomorrow afternoon. Though a “To do list” seems against the spirit of a mini-break, it’s nonetheless inspiring to have goals:
1. I will have a Daniel Day-Lewis marathon on Thursday since he’s starred in some Pilgrim-era classics (”The Last of the Mohicans,” “The Crucible”) and films I’m simply grateful for (”The Age of Innocence.”)
2. I will finish the fourth and fifth “Harry Potter” books and get far enough into number six so when I watch number seven on IMAX over the weekend I can be at least 80% aware of what is happening.
3. I will stave off any turkey-induced comas by sipping maté.
4. I will not go shopping.
5. I will have pumpkin pie for breakfast.
6. I will jog on the treadmill as long as “The Last of the Mohicans” is playing somewhere in tv-land.
7. I will not wake-up before 8 a.m.
8. I will resume all homework activities around Saturday afternoon. Or Sunday morning.