Berenice's Blog

December 1, 2010

On Wednesday, December 1, I officially took my last test, finals, and turned in my last papers of course work for the semester. Next semester, I’ll have a course and my field practicum for social work so technically this was my last semester of a full course load.

As I turned in my last final I could taste freedom. Though I had a great academic semester and I enjoy learning in the fields I’m interested in, I feel relieved (for now) that the majority of my time next semester will not be spent studying for five or more classes. I remember when I graduated high school; I thought that taking only five classes or less would literally be a piece of cake, not having an eight hour schedule- oh what naïve thinking. Despite the stresses of college course work, I can say that for the most part I have had good academic experiences. Especially in my social work courses, where professors often times step out of the typical professor role and actually share their real life experiences on the field of practice. This semester I had the privilege to have three excellent professors in my social work classes. Similarly, I also had a great professor in my sociology course, The Family, which I greatly enjoyed (especially the freedom for discussion). Overall, I l feel that this semester was a good way to bring together all the things that I’ve learned throughout my college career. It represented the cumulative efforts of my whole college experience.

So to all the professors that have enriched my academic experience throughout the semester, I thank you. I truly thank you for your dedication to teaching and higher education. Even when I had to write that annoying works cited page or cram for an exam (yes, guilty of that) I truly embraced every academic lesson I had in my time here thus far.

On December 1, 2010 I ended my course work to complete both of my majors (apart from my field experience), no more summer school, winter break classes, or more than 15 hours of course work a semester… it’s all done, and for that I’m thankful.

I hope that finals went well for everyone, winter break is here and it’s time for a much needed relaxation time, temporary at least. Until next time!

December 20, 2010 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Berenice