Allison's Blog

Wrapping it up

Hello everyone,

As my semester drew to an end last week I admittedly felt very relieved. I managed to finish my first semester at UT with an A, a B and two Cs. While this is not a report card I would normally bring home or feel peaceful about, I have realized a few things about my first semester at this institution of higher learning.

First, I’ve heard through the grapevine that first semester students whether they be freshmen or transfer students like myself usually figure out what adjustments need to be made at the END of the semester when their grade reports arrive. This realization, from one just having experienced it, is a bit jarring. It reminds me of when I failed sophomore AP English in high school just after transferring to a new school where all of my friends were. (Again, I apologize Mrs. Morgan.)

I have also heard through the grapevine this semester that I chose the most difficult semester to transfer into nursing school. I would agree with this rumor had it not been my first semester and I’ve not yet established a basis of comparison.

Regardless of the rumors I have come across this semester which may allow me to justify my mediocre academic performance this last few months, I will in the spirit of the holidays summarize my semester to these three statements:

I am THANKFUL to have my first semester behind me and I look forward to conquering the next several with a different understanding of my brain and it’s idiosyncrasies.

I will MERRILY return to UT in January and resume my course of study.

I RESOLVE to take a different approach to my learning in the next few years and enjoy every moment of my quest in understanding myself and the world around me.

Happy Holidays y’all,

Allison

December 18, 2010 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to Wrapping it up

Congrats on wrapping up the semester!

January 6, 2011
— Sarah

photo of Allison