Timi's Blog

I WILL Teach for America

I will teach for America

Teach for America 2011 Corps Member

Last semester, I applied for Teach for America. On Tuesday, I found out that I was accepted and placed in Houston, teaching grades 4-8th. This is exactly what I wanted! I was a little worried I wouldn’t get in, but I prayed during my interview that if it was God’s will that I would get accepted. And I did! So did a few of my friends:

Diana Pena, Myself, and Gbemi Maiyegun (were in the Multicultural Information Center together)

Diana Pena, Myself, and Gbemi Maiyegun (we're in the Multicultural Information Center together)

Jimmy Talarico

Jimmy Talarico

Ale Cervantes

Ale Cervantes

Brendan Chan

Brendan Chan

I’m very excited that these awesome people got in too!

I missed a few people:

Micheala Gibbs, Britnie Franklin, Kopoa Keculah, and some more others. I am very proud of the Teach for America 2011 Corps. I hope that you all will join me in congratulating these seniors who are dedicating the next two years to fighting educational inequity. I’m excited to know I will be working alongside these individuals and individuals like them. From the stories I have read, I know the journey may be difficult, but I know it will be worthwhile for the result of positively impacting the lives of students through education.

If you want to find out more info about TFA, check out the Teach for America website

If you are interested in applying, the last deadline is February 4th. Apply now!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/12/education/12winerip.html << Check out this NY Times article about TFA.

January 27, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post

4 Comments to I WILL Teach for America

Congratulations, Timi! – Sam (from the Office of Public Affairs)

February 1, 2011
— Sam Stiles

Timi, I’m so excited that we’ll be at Institute together! Congratulations again!

February 4, 2011
— Brendan

So proud of you. Congratulations. The Lord is good all the time!

February 21, 2011
— Mina

Thanks everyone! I’m so excited to be part of something so worthwhile :)
@Brendan– YAY Institute!! heheh

February 21, 2011
— Timi

photo of Timi