Timi's Blog

New Student Activity Center video mini-tour

Welcome back everyone!

I hope you all had a great break and are ready to start off the school year on a good note. If you haven’t already noticed, the campus has changed a little. One of the new places I visited was the SAC. I was very impressed.

Check out my first visit to the SAC in this youtube video:

Follow the link to see my UT Student Activities Center Mini-Tour

Student Activities Center

Student Activities Center

Green efforts:
  • Green Roofs  Green roofs will reduce and slow the amount of storm water leaving the site, mitigating flooding in Waller Creek.
Fascinating fact:  This water is recycled and used for watering all the gardens around this building, hence the brownish tint.  This building is as green as it gets at UT.

Fascinating fact: This water is recycled and used for watering all the gardens around this building, hence the brownish tint. This building is as green as it gets at UT.

This fountain (again, using recycled water) has the honor code of the school written on it.

Wood floor decks and patios are all over the place

The furniture is different and unique all over the building

There are some awesome spaces in the SAC:
  • Black Box Theater

A versatile performance space for a variety of student productions.

• Dance Rehearsal Room

Find your rhythm or practice your routine in our beautiful dance rehearsal room, equipped with mirror walls and ballet bar.

• Food Options at the SAC

Taco Cabana, Zen, Chik Fil A, Starbucks

——-

The spaces are open to students.

Registered Student Organizations can now make weekly/recurring reservations for Spring 2011 in the SAC.

Overall, I really liked the SAC. It’s really close (next to Gregory Gym) and it’s pretty! Hopefully, I can enjoy it before I graduate. If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure you stop by soon.

*The pictures are by Kelly Cameron Photography. More can be found on her website (follow the link)

January 21, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Timi