Chris's Blog

Election Season

I’ve been gone for a while and I apologize for that. It has been a hectic month. I’ve been busy with school, my organizations, friends, and the usual college things. In the past couple of weeks I’ve been really busy running for student government.

There are two student bodies at UT: student government and senate. Student government is led by the student body president and vice president and consists of representatives of each of the colleges as well as a number of at-large representatives. Senate’s leaders are elected but their body is self selected. Both groups also oversee a number of organizations that serve students like FLO, the Freshman Leadership Organization.

I’m running to represent McCombs on Student Government. The campaign lasts two weeks and culminates with the election on March 2 & 3. I’ve been speaking to every student group I can in the business school, hanging up posters, and handing out flyers. I’ve been working hard to reach out to students so we’ll see how it goes…

1 Comment to Election Season

Dear Chris,

I just recently found out you were a Longhorn confidential blogger, and boy did it brighten my day! Hope you find time to put up a new post soon :) I so enjoyed reading all your archived ones.

A (newly) dedicated follower

April 1, 2011
— Hannah Velasco

photo of Chris