Brendan's Blog

Last Day, Valentine’s Day, Oklahoma, and Sickness!

Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! I hope that today is a good one for everyone. I was reading an article in the Huffington Post today called “A Day of Love” which encouraged everyone to celebrate today as a day of love, regardless of whether or not you’re in a relationship. I think it’s easy for people to be cynical about today because they either don’t have a “special some” to celebrate it with, they think of it as a commercialized holiday, or they might just be bitter. Either way, everyone should be happy today and know that they are loved! I want to tell you about this past week. It included a trip to Oklahoma, and unfortunately, some sickness!

I went to Oklahoma this past weekend for one of my final speech tournaments of my college career. It’s called the Sweetheart Swing and it’s always one of my favorite tournaments! It’s just a happy time and all of the competitors really just celebrate the activity of speech. What a wonderful day to celebrate happiness, right? Here’s a picture from the tournament:

The UT Speech Team.

The UT Speech Team.

A lot has happened in the past week. Last week was my final day as an intern on The Bobby Bones Show. I had an amazing time working as an intern for the show and I absolutely loved my time being Intern Brendan! I will always be a huge fan and supporter of the show and encourage all of you to keep up with Bobby Bones at his website! Here’s a picture of me and Carlos, Alayna, and LB from the show!

Carlos, Me, Alayna, and LB from The Bobby Bones Show!

Finally, I have to share that I am sick! Being productive has been hard and I wasn’t actually able to compete at the entire tournament this past weekend. It makes celebrating Valentine’s Day a little difficult, too, but fortunately, I am very lucky and will just be celebrating on Sunday with a certain someone.

What are your plans for today? Did you celebrate the people in your life? Your parents? Your kids? Your friends? Have a wonderful day, everyone! Remember that you are loved!

photo of Brendan