Felicia's Blog

Note to Self #15:

[Actually pack clothes for cold weather.]

Well release the pigs and let them fly! We had a snow day at the University of Texas. That was the last thing I expected to say this year! Which is probably why I was not prepared with my snow hat, fleece jackets and other snow gear, which currently resides at my home in Washington, where it is actually common to see snow. I’ll admit, I was a little grumpy when my roommate woke me up at 7am to tell me classes were cancelled, I wanted to sleep in on my day off! But as I dragged myself out of bed, began to layer sweater upon sweater, my friend’s (who had never been exposed to snow) enthusiasm and excitement soon had me bustling out the door before you could say “Baby, it’s cold outside”! What can I say, I’m a sucker for snow. We slipped and slid around on the ice, spontaneously joining a sledding party on 21st down to San Jac.  Frozen to the bone we headed back to our dorm, happily exhausted from our adventure. It was then I wish I had some of that heat I complained about six months prior. Next year, I’ll know to include more than just shorts and flip flops while packing for school. For your viewing pleasure, I’ve included a video from the epic snow day 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imDHBkkoKd8

(: Felicia

photo of Felicia