Brendan's Blog

While Everyone Winds Down, I Gear Up

I just finished with my last class of the week, which means I am officially on vacation for Spring Break! It may surprise you to know that I’ve never had a “real” Spring Break while I’ve been in college. I’ve never had the 9 days off from school to just be a sponge or take a trip. While I have had a great time during Spring Break these past 3 years (I went to New York City for a few days last year and San Francisco the year before!), I have certainly had a wonderful time. That’s because for me, Spring Break is used as a time to prepare for Nationals.

Every year, the UT Speech Team is fortunate enough to have a Pre-Nationals Retreat, where we go off to some remote location and work on speech together as a team. It allows for an incredible amount of work to happen in a concentrated amount of time but also allows the team to have some great bonding time. And, thankfully, this year is no different.

In 3 weeks from today (crazy!), I will be leaving for Kearney, Nebraska for my final American Forensics Association National Individual Events Tournament. I am so excited for this tournament and I can’t believe how close it is. After that, I will be back in Austin for a week before heading out to the National Forensics Association National Tournament in Bloomington, Illinois! I will have plenty of pictures to share with all of you. So, while everyone winds down, I gear up for Nationals! And, I have to tell y’all, I can’t wait! :)

Also, as a complete a side note, I got featured on Internships.com! I wrote about my time interning on The Bobby Bones Show. Check out the post here! Have a wonderful (and safe!) Spring Break, everyone! I will write to you when I get back.

photo of Brendan