Bill's Blog

easter for an atheist

While i’m not exactly sure what is being celebrated on easter, I can say that I’ve enjoyed the general good spirits that everyone seems to have been in this past week and all of the festiveness of the city of Houston for easter weekend. Everybody came out in their Sunday best today and the streets and parks were just packed with people this weekend. Even though I am atheist, I choose to partake in all of the christian holidays not because I want to fit in with the large christian population, but because I very much enjoy the happiness and gratitude for life that surrounds these holidays. Like everybody else, I am celebrating family, friends, and a bountiful spirit – I am thankful for all that I have and this is a feeling that crosses all religious boundaries. I oftentimes overlook this throughout everyday life, so it is nice to be able to celebrate this beauty on all of the western holidays in addition to all of the chinese holidays that my family celebrates seriously. Double dipping holidays is so much fun!

easter-bunny

obama <3's easter

My parents came for easter weekend and we went to the Woodlands area to check out a part of Houston that we had never been to. The Woodlands Waterway was a really lame version of the Riverwalk, but the area was very upscale and a very well planned mixture of living, office, and retail space. We only walked about a mile total, but I saw a bunch of corporate headquarters, a movie theater, lots of stores, a market, a great loop for running, and some fancy condos. I fed some Koi too! This seems like a great part of Houston to live and I’m glad exxon is moving a lot of their offices to the spring/woodlands area, in addition to the offices already in greenspoint. If I had to live in Houston, I could definitely see myself living in this area. It’s close to the airport too, so I could easily go on a weekend getaway.

I also got together with the other co-ops for an easter meal and it was a great way to round out a great easter weekend. The food was delicious (props MK) and it was nice to just hang out and talk. It’s pretty cool that despite all of our different backgrounds, we have so much in common as kids growing up in the late 90’s and the early 2000’s. We all liked DragonBallZ, Avatar, and Miyazaki films, not to mention cheesy engineering jokes…

I’m so ready for work tomorrow!

1 Comment to easter for an atheist

why are you telling us this???????? And…HELLO!

October 12, 2011
— Nikki

photo of Bill