Berenice's Blog

Marvelous Monday

Despite the gloomy morning weather, last Monday was a great day. It’s funny to think that many people dislike Mondays— trust me I used to be one of those. But, this semester Mondays are actually one of my favorite days. First off, it is the only day that I usually don’t have anywhere to be after work so there is room for spontaneity, which I love. The past couple of Mondays I was able to catch up with friends and slowly realize the clock is ticking for graduation- now it really feels like it’s just around the corner.

Let’s not get into the whole I’m-graduating-college-soon spill, we’ll save the blend of mixed emotions for later. Now last Monday, well it was a good day. As I was driving home from work, dreading that I wouldn’t have another car fiasco (oh wait to hear the stories on that) I marveled at the gorgeous weather despite the gloomy start of the morning. I got to my favorite road on my way home, which allows me to glance at the lake. With a little “it’s a beautiful day” inspiration I decided to go for a run.

road

It had definitely been too long since I had gone for a run! So I called my running buddy and on we went. Well let me tell you, running has to definitely happen way more often if we don’t want to “jog” for eternity instead of running. After the great run I felt energized, which was a nice little reminder of staying active and its benefits.

After running, I went home to cook dinner and get ready for the Latina Monologues, part of Kappa Delta Chi’s founder’s week events. What an enlightening experience this event brought to my day! From hearing about personal stories about issues that people deal with on a daily basis to bringing awareness on challenging social issues, I was touched by the stories but most of all the courage of our presenters.

So all in all, it was a marvelous Monday indeed… Happy Monday— go make something sparkle!

photo of Berenice