Timi's Blog

My Spring Break: GoodPhil, the pool, and my pillow

Hey everyone, I have been craaaaazy busy!

Ok, let me give you a recap of my life thus far, going back to Spring Break. But before you get excited, please realize a few things about me:

1. I am an RA. I had to work half of my spring break week (until Wednesday)
  2. I am 21 years old, but I somehow lost my license and could not attend any of the awesome SXSW events
  3. I am a bit of a homebody.

This is leading up to a very excited story, right? Not really. I’m not bitter about the lack of activity I had during my Spring Break, I’m just disappointed in myself. This is my last real Spring Break as a college student, the last time I can make inappropriate or foolish decisions without being scorned by society. My friends had planned to go on a cruise (to the Caribbeans) and to Miami beach. I didn’t go. Instead, I chose the Gregory Gym pool over Miami beach. No I’m not addle-brained, I’m resourceful….that’s what I told myself the whole week to keep from crying. Kidding…or am I?

But other than losing my ID and not being able to attend any SXSW (South by Southwest) events, my Spring Break wasn’t really that bad. The highlight of my break was that I got to see an awesome event on Friday night called GoodPhil, it’s like a 3-day competition of Filipino Students Associations in Texas. It was sooo good! Shout out to my little sis, Ineye, for alerting me of this event. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. UT Austin’s Chapter of FSA did a great job of hosting.

If you want to see my GoodPhil videos that I took that night, check out the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVgTD8IAXc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Check out one of my favorite performances of the night: UT-Arlington Modern Dance

Warning: I made a lot of commentary because I was very excited. I apologize in advanced!

JR Aquino (love him!) and Brian Puspos were also there, representing!

Overall, it was a chill Spring Break. I saw GoodPhil, got to show off my bikini at the pool, and slept with my pillow all day. It doesn’t keep much to keep me happy. I do hope, though, that I have an exciting vacation coming up somewhere in the not-too-distant future. I’ve worked hard these four years. I haven’t had a real vacation where I was free to do whatever I wanted to do. I’ve had some kind of responsibility to tend to. I’m going to start making time for fun…right after I graduate ;)

- Timi

photo of Timi