Brendan's Blog

Third Place Has Never Felt So Good!

Hi, Everyone!

I’m so sorry that I haven’t been as up-to-date with this blog as I meant to this semester. Things have been so ridiculously crazy lately. I just got back from my trip to Kearney, Nebraska for the American Forensics Association National Individual Events Tournament, also known as Nationals. It was quite a blast and I am proud to say that the ¬†UT Speech Team placed 3rd in the country!

I would love to take the time to say congratulations to Western Kentucky University, Bradley University, and George Mason University, who placed 1st, 2nd, and 4th respectively in the country.

It was an amazing experience getting to travel to my last Nationals with my team. I saw some incredible performances and was reminded of why I participate in this activity. I am also excited to let you all know that I advanced to quarterfinals (Top 24 Nationally) in an event called After Dinner Speaking, placed 6th place in Duo Interpretation, and 2nd place in Informative Speaking. Additionally, I placed as the 18th Top Speaker in the country and was selected to join the AFA-NIET All-American Team. So, needless to say, I had an amazing time.

I just wanted to update all of you about the tournament that I always talk about on this blog! Next Wednesday, we leave for my last speech tournament ever, the National Forensics Association National tournament in Bloomington/Normal, Illinois at Illinois State University. Because I miss so much school for both of these tournaments, things get crazy around the month of April. I have to prepare for all of the school that I miss beforehand and I have to catch up once I get back. Group projects, midterms, and assignments are crazy. I will have to write soon about my online English class that’s giving me so much trouble.

But, until that post, here is a picture of the UT Speech Team, the 3rd Place team in the country that is near and dear to my heart:

The UT Speech Team

The UT Speech Team

photo of Brendan