Brendan's Blog

Goodbye!

Well, the time has come for me to wrap up my time as a Longhorn Confidential blogger and say goodbye! What an amazing opportunity it has been to write down my thoughts, experiences, and feelings for all of you this year. Thank you so very much for reading. As an official college graduate after this weekend’s Graduation ceremonies, I am proud to call myself an alumni of The University of Texas at Austin.

I’d like to share a picture or two from Graduation and the whole Commencement ceremony with all of you, but before I get to that, I want to do a few things to review my senior year.

1) This year was all about finding a path for after graduation. After months of self-exploration, interviews, and applications, I decided to join Teach For America and then begin working at Google.

The logos for Teach For America and Google.

2) The Bobby Bones Show. I spent 7 months interning for this show and had an amazing time. I woke up at 4:20 in the morning and spent hours working with all of the people who make up the #1 morning show in Austin. They are amazing!

Me and Bobby from The Bobby Bones Show.

Me and Bobby from The Bobby Bones Show.

3) The UT Speech Team. These people are my family away from home, my rock and foundation of school, and my closest friends. I spent this year as a Co-Captain of the UT Speech Team, performing, competing, and advocating for things that I believe in all across the country. Next year, I will continue to serve as a coach for the team remotely from San Antonio.

The UT Speech Team, who placed 3rd Place in the Nation at both National tournaments this year.

4) Graduation: the culmination of 4 years of hard work and dedication at The University of Texas. My time here at the university has earned me a Bachelor of Business Administration from the McCombs School of Business and I am a proud graduate of this university. I will forever be a Longhorn!

Me in front of the Tower, getting ready to speak at the University-Wide Commencement Ceremony.

Well, with that, I must conclude my final blog post for the 2010-2011 academic year! Please feel free to always reach out to me by commenting on this blog and I hope you all have a wonderful summer!

May 24, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Brendan