Brendan's Blog

I’m Done!

Hi, Everyone!

As of Thursday, May 5, I am officially done with college! What an odd feeling it is to know that my life in Austin is soon going to be over. I have some exciting things to share with all of you as I near the end of the year!

First of all, thank you for reading my blog this year! It has been a wonderful experience to document and share my final year at UT and what a ride it has been! As the year ends, so does my position as a Longhorn Confidential blogger and my time here at this amazing university.

I am excited to announce that alongside fellow Longhorn Confidential blogger Timi, I  will be speaking for 60 seconds at the university-wide Commencement ceremony! It is really exciting to be a part of the ceremony. Honestly, I’m not that big on graduation ceremonies — I’m not even sure that I want to attend the one for the business school, but since I will be speaking (even if it’s just for one minute), I am excited for this opportunity. I haven’t written my speech, yet, so I need to work on that this week!

Last Tuesday was also the UT Speech End-of-the-Year banquet. It was a great night, full of laughs, tears, and excitement for next year. I will be coaching the team next year remotely from San Antonio and I am excited for my next chapter. It keeps hitting me that things are over and the more and more I think about it, the more excited I am for my future. It’s hard not to want to dwell and hold on to my life here at UT, but either way, I am  excited for what is coming up next.

I don’t know when my final post for this blog will be, but it is coming up soon. So, until then, take care and thanks for reading!

May 9, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Brendan