Chris's Blog

Last Week of School

The last week of the semester really snuck up on me. The past five months flew by faster than I anticipated. Spring semesters always seem shorter than the fall. Even though it seemed short, it’s been pretty eventful. I’m one step closer to graduation and I’ve strengthened many meaningful relationships over the few months. I’m going to share my biggest discoveries over the past semester:

1. Don’t underestimate the importance of working out and eating healthy. When you’re in the middle of a stressful week it is tempting to skip the gym and splurge on fast food. While it saves time, it won’t help you feel any less stressed. In all likelihood, you will feel worse.

2. Scheduling yourself well at the start of the semester will pay dividends. Create a schedule that keeps you busy during the day but gives you free time at night. If you schedule well, you can find time for anything.

3. You can’t put off hard work until a later point. If you want to succeed, you have to treat the whole semester like it’s the day before your final.

4. There are some nights when you should put your books down and have an experience that you will remember. Equally as important, there are some times when you have to head to the library when everyone else is going out.

5. Networking is an important skill in life, especially in college. The best opportunities you can experience at UT will likely come through a friend or a mentor. The more people you know, the better opportunities will present themselves.

May 2, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Chris