Ricardo's Blog

The arrival of the fashion blogger

at Lincoln Center, New York City

at Lincoln Center, New York City

Being accustomed to my fashion blogging ways has helped the process of parlaying into the Wordpress interface to be a very smooth transition. Not to mention my passion for writing, which makes exactly what I am doing at this very moment an even more enjoyable.

Oh, I’m sorry, a proper introduction is in order (otherwise, this babble wouldn’t make any sense!).

My name’s Ricardo Hernandez (a.k.a. The Style Inquisitor) and I’m a fashion blogger/freelance fashion journalist reporting straight from the music driven-youth cultured-eco-friendly city of Austin, the place where I’m currently undergoing my undergraduate studies for Journalism (now a Sophomore) and, well, paving the path to my ultimate goal of moving to New York City and establishing a career as a freelance fashion writer. One of the main ways in which I’ve been able to hone my craft is through a personal style/writing blog that I started last year called The Style Inquisitor (the name basis of which I will reveal in future posts!), and since then, what began as a platform on which to express my opinions about the fashion industry has evolved into a successful site that has garnered me an incredibly supportive readership and some amazing opportunities such as a feature in Teen Vogue. I also freelance for many different magazines, from INK and CHAOS to the online New York publication HINT Magazine. In short, I’ve been unbelievably blessed with ways in which to pursue my dreams…

I’m mildly surprised that I’m able to regurgitate all of these factual ideas about myself considering that I’m fresh off an exhausting yet enthralling adventure in New York City, where I attended Fashion Week on behalf of Nokia and Elle Magazine, who invited me out to participate in an international blogger project. The entire week was a flurry of exciting happenings. One day I was walking down Grand Street to visit the Alexander Wang flagship, the other I hailed cabs to the Plaza Hotel and Lincoln Center to check out the Spring 2012 collections of Derek Lam, Phillip Lim, Theyskens’ Theory, and such. It was a dream. It was an unbelievable reality. Actually, it was a strong dose of both. It was validation that I have indeed discovered my purpose in this life.

After ending what I consider to be the most intriguing and illuminating of my entire life, I’m back at my home base and I have retired to my old ways of skulking either in my bedroom or in the nearest coffee-house and endless blogging (sometimes I mix it up and head out for some impromptu outfit photoshoots). Oh, and studying, can’t forget that.

Seeing as my post as a Longhorn Confidential blogger will be considerably extensive, you, as a reader, can look forward to content that is very similar to what I post on my blog. I will immerse you into my life as a blogger and writer at the University of Texas at Austin and share with you my day-to-day sentiments about school, general life, and yes, fashion! Austin is not very well known for its fashion scene and I’m looking to change that. First step, this project. So, until next time: stay tuned, stay fashionable, and stay inquisitive. Some words of wisdom from The Style Inquisitor.

Sincerely,

Ricardo Hernandez

The Style Inquisitor

September 30, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to The arrival of the fashion blogger

Hi Ricardo, what a great article.

It’s such a fantastic feeling when you go to your first Fashion Week and have that inherent sense that “you have arrived”

Congratulations!!

-Alan
http://stylogasm.com/

March 16, 2012
— Alan

photo of Ricardo