Vikki's Blog

My Best Friend is Officially Married!

So after the week I had last week, it was really nice to have a reason to go home and be with friends and family. There is nothing like the joy, hope, and love to help you remember there is still good in the world.

Brittany and I at the mirror

Brittany and I at the mirror

We started the day at the salon, where we got our make up and hair done. That was the moment that I started to realize, this is actually happening, Brittany and actually getting married, and does she just look the part.

The ceremony was beautiful but long because it was a catholic service. I had never been to a catholic service before, and there were so many things that I didn’t know I was supposed to say or do, but I am so happy that my best friend has married such a wonderful man.

Brittany and Mike's first dance

Brittany and Mike's first dance

After the first dance was my turn to give the speech, and I told everyone about how they met and how she was scared to tell her parents about him because he was so much older (only 4 years, but they met in high school, so you can imagine how this was a problem).

And how he got her this beautiful heard shaped diamond necklace, and then told her parents that I got it for her. Haha, it got a good laugh. I was pretty nervous through the speech, but Brittany really enjoyed it and started to tear up, so it was totally worth it.

Then the rest of the night was spent dancing the night away. It was a beautiful wedding and I hope one day to find a guy as amazing as Mike and have a similarly beautiful wedding!

November 15, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Vikki