Ricardo's Blog

Campus in the Fall

Am I the only one who finds utter and complete comfort in cold weather? Something about it keeps me in a zen state of sorts – nothing bothers me and almost anything incites me. It’s a bit euphoric.

Ricardo

This is mostly why I am constantly so keen for the seasonal changes to encroach a bit quicker and blast us with the full winter chill (I’ve said time and time again – perhaps I should move to Stockholm).

We have been experiencing a puzzling cold front here in Austin for the past week, and I have been trying to enjoy it as much as possible before it succumbs to the cursed heat as characteristic of southern climate.

But I have high hopes that with the close of Thanksgiving and the arrival of Christmas, these chills are actually sure signs of the winter zeitgeist.

I spent a wonderful afternoon a couple of days ago in between classes following the trails of my photographer friend Batli, admiring her methodology when it comes to shooting and just taking it in the beauty of the surrounding scenery.

Ricardo

She’s a unique talent and was gracious enough to snap a couple of photos of me with her camera, giving reason to the incredible quality of the images.

Ricardo

Ricardo

Ricardo

Ricardo

Believe me, I am dead set on purchasing a better camera by the turn of the year, mostly to produce more quality content to accompany my writing, and these photos are an even stronger motivational force.

This random trek offered me the opportunity to explore the campus in ways that I had never attempted before, and I actually found myself in nooks, crooks and alleyways that I did not even know existed.

It was all a bit adventurous and added excitement to the rest of my years to come.

Sincerely,

Ricardo

The Style Inquisitor

November 25, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Ricardo