Natalie's Blog

Fall Semester Blues

Ugh, you guys. School is hard.

I know this is such a bizarre topic to breach during one of my first posts, but I’ve just got to say it.

Classes have engulfed my life for the past few weeks, every line of my planner is filled, and I can hardly find time to breathe in between organization meetings. Today is the first day that I’ve had time to just… do… nothing. Tonight, I sat down on my couch, closed my eyes, and realized — I love my life.

It’s true. I’ve been a nerd since birth, and I’ve always loved learning. But I think this past year, that thought has really crystallized. Learning is my thing. That’s what I want to do for the rest of my life: learn, and read, and write. I’ve logged way too many hours in the library these past few weeks, but the truth is, on campus is where I feel at home. Talking with professors, buried under piles of books to read, and spending hours under the blue glow of my laptop is what I want to do for the rest of my life. And I get to start here, young and eager, surrounded by incredible friends in an amazing city. No matter how many of these busy periods I have, I always realize that I am lucky to be here.

That being said, I can’t write any longer because my brain feels like oatmeal. I’m about to spend the entire weekend in my pajamas, watching re-runs of Grey’s Anatomy, and sleeping past noon. Goodnight.

November 6, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post

1 Comment to Fall Semester Blues

We are learning about blogs in class. We thought yours was great. Thank you for sharing your joy and love of learning. We were very excited to hear you were from Buda!

January 6, 2012
— CHES Colts... Tech Apps Class

photo of Natalie