Vikki's Blog

Mid Review Week

So most students have midterms, but architecture students have mid reviews for our projects.

Reviews are a crucial part of our learning experience where we pin up our all of our drawings and models we have made over the semester  in a review room (an empty room with chairs) and present our design to a committee. This committee is made up of design professors and local architects that come to our school to critique our work. We give a short 5-10 minute presentation over our design, and then they give feedback. When I first started in architecture, this was the toughest and scariest part of the semester, but now I look forward to it, the reviewers are really just trying to help your design move forward, and as long as you are open to taking advice, it is the really best thing to help you grow as a designer. The only problem with mid review week, is the lack of sleep. It takes so much to prepare for a mid review, and you never feel like you are completely done. There is always something more you could do, or do better, but thus this is the problem with being an architect. But we wouldn’t do it if we didn’t love it. All and All, my review went really well and we had a great conversation that is helping me move my design forward.

My model of the proposed chapel for St. Edward's Campus, still needs some work

My friend Blair working on her model

My friend Blair working on her model in studio

We don't only have mid reviews, we have midterms too. This is us studying for our Professional Practice midterm.

November 7, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Vikki