Vikki's Blog

The Saddest Day of School

A good friend of ours in the 5th year pasted away this weekend from a drunk driver hitting him while walking home Saturday night. Our whole year is pretty shook up about this whole thing.

Especially those of us who were out with him on his last night. Several of us are thinking what we could have done differently that night, why nobody stopped him from walking home, or walked home with him. Its just the strangest thing. I was talking to him Saturday night, have a conversation about football, he was so happy LSU won, and then Sunday he is no longer here. How do we get through this as a class? We are all so close, with there only being 60 of us. We all knew him. All I see when I close my eyes is his smiling face. This is not fair, this was not his time.

“Losing someone when you’re young is the greatest pain anyone can face.” ~ Amory Blaine

People do not die for us immediately, but remain bathed in a sort of aura of life which bears no relation to true immortality but through which they continue to occupy our thoughts in the same way as when they were alive.  It is as though they were traveling abroad.  ~Marcel Proust

We will miss you dearly my friend. Our hearts pain for your presence. I hope you know how much you will be missed and how much you are loved. We’ll be seeing you soon.

November 7, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post

2 Comments to The Saddest Day of School

Sadly, that was an excellent blog. I just wished it was about a totally different subject. I feel your pain on this….

November 9, 2011
— Gary Thompson

I hope everything is okay and you keep on keepin’ on. Thanks for sharing, and I will keep you in my prayers.

November 17, 2011
— Jelisa

photo of Vikki