Landon's Blog

Memorie italiane

Questa settimana è stata la mia ultima lezione italiana che sono tenuti ad avere alle U.T. Ho emozioni constrastanti. Sono molto contento che sia finita e che non ho sottolineato più. Sono triste che non avtà più classe con le persone che divennero i miei amici e divertirsi con i nostri errori grammaticali. È stata una intensa tre semestri, ma ho imparato molto. Mi mancherà italiana.

To the world readers of this blog, I bid farewell to Italian this week. So I felt it only appropriate that I begin this blog with some words of Italian. For all of you native Italians out there, my Italian professors, my classmates who made higher grades than me (there were many); I apologize for any and all spelling and grammar mistakes. It took me quite some time to do just that, my original plan was the whole blog in Italian. Sheesh. You would have been reading this next spring.

Italian and I have had a very rollercoaster-esque relationship. I will now flashback to the early 2000’s and describe the relationship further. So I was at Disney with my family and friend Melis. Right off of the bat we got in line for The Rock’n Roller Coaster (you see what they did there, clever) and I was scared to death. Then we actually got on the ride and it immediately blasts off. It was a very intense and quick experience and I was just hanging on for dear life. We had some extreme ups, some crashing falls, and some of those flip/corkscrew moments where I didn’t know which way was up, down, or if I was getting close to meeting my maker. However, before I knew it, we were done! I loved it. I was addicted. (Now is where I say that I have ridden that ride with Melis over 30 times… I know, its shameful… but if you go to Disney, you better ride it!)

So, the selling points. I was scared to death. I was hanging on for dear life because we were moving so fast. I was completely lost and confused. I thought I was going to die. It was over and I loved it.

Seeing that when I first stepped into my Italian class, the only Italian words I knew were: spaghetti, wine, Olive Garden, mafia (most of which are not even Italian); I feel like I have grown and learned a lot. Heck, I can now make entire Italian sentences with only minor spelling and grammar mistakes. I call that success!

So:

Arrivederci italiana! Grazie per i ricordi! Io ti ricorderò per sempre!

Ciao and Hook’em!

Landon

December 6, 2011 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Landon