Vikki's Blog

Construction Construction Construction

There seems to be a lot of construction going on around campus, whether it be new buildings on campus or construction documents due in my Construction V class. Either way it seems to be consuming my life. Here is the good news, I find it extremely fascinating, which is important since this is about to become my life, haha. Part of my Construction V class is to go on a few site visits so that we can get an idea of what it is like to be on a construction site. Because of all the new buildings going up on campus, we got an opportunity to go one of them as a class. It we particularly cool because it was kind of in the between stage where its not really a building yet because its not inclosed or usable, but no one can deny how much of a substantial impact it has made on the campus already just by standing tall. So I just wanted to share some of the experiences that an architecture student gets that the rest of the study body misses out on. Here are some photos from our visit:

Construction professor

my construction professor Juan Miro showing us how they use a small mock up on site

New building

this will be the entrance

New building view

this building is going to have a great view of the tower!

January 25, 2012 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Vikki