Vikki's Blog

Sleep is for the Weak.

Like I have said numerous times before, architecture students don’t really have a “normal” finals week. Yes we still have final exams in most of our classes, but for our design studio class we have what is called Final Review. Like Mid Review, Final Review is where we pin up all of our work that we have done for the final project, and get critiqued one by one by visiting and local architects, as well as current architecture professors. So after about two to three weeks of non stop preparing for this day with nights of little sleep and day full of staring at a computer screen, we present a hopefully concise project. Considering my circumstances with dealing with my friend passing away this semester, I did what I could with my design of a theoretical chapel for the St. Edwards campus. The reviewers were: Kevin Alter,……. My review when well, they really enjoyed my idea and where I was going with it, but they have the comment that it needed to be pushed further and thought out a little better and I couldn’t agree more. Kevin Alter actually gave me this comment about my chapel that I found really funny, he said: “you know what your front fa├žade reminds me of? Have you seen the graduate?” I reply “no but it’s on my Netflix instant queue list” laughing he says “oh my god, I must be old. Well go and watch it because there is this great scene at the end where Dustin Hoffman bangs on the window of the glass to stop the wedding of his true love”. Haha, well Kevin, if you are reading this, I did watch it and it was a strange but good movie, and yes my proposed chapel would be perfect for reenacting this scene from the movie!

My friend Parker building this really awesome expandable table with no leaf needed for the wood design class.

This is my friend Blair explaining her project to reviewers.

This is me getting reviewed, I think Kevin Alter just said something about The Graduate

January 17, 2012 | | Comments are closed for this post
photo of Vikki