Jelisa's Blog

I’m a Proud New Sister of Kappa Delta Chi :)

I don’t know exactly how to start this post.  Apart from all the excitement, I’m humbled at the fact that I can say I am a New Sister of Kappa Delta Chi.  I feel blessed, relieved and excited because the past months of my life has been a whirlwind of emotions, hard work and sacrifice.

563151_2687950696625_1792183423_1618064_923271466_n

I’m in great company, this sisterhood is full of beautiful, outstanding and unique women whose values and determination inspire me.  While every Greek organization is amazing, it’s important to do your research before you decide to join a Greek organization.  I researched for three years before I found where I fit.  That goes for any type of organization, not just fraternities and sororities.  Also, don’t let other people deter you from a hobby, organization or passion just because they don’t enjoy it as much as you do. Be strong in your decision and make sure you join an organization because its something YOU want to do.

I can firmly say that going through the Kappa Delta Chi New Member process has helped me improve in many aspects of my life.  I’ve learned that I can handle a lot of things and when it comes down to it, I’m a strong individual.  I’ve met stellar young women who keep me going, make me laugh and provide another family on this big campus at UT.

If you ever have any questions about Kappa Delta Chi or any other Greek organization please see the GLIE (Greek Leadership and Intercultural Education) website.

Volunteering At Marathon Kids

Volunteering At Marathon Kids

A few of Us at Longhorn Leaders Day!

A few of Us at Longhorn Leaders Day!

468728_2448576112410_1792183423_1514887_1733352433_o

305922_3537460204151_1501757515_3140224_468492188_n

Volunteering up a storm!

The one thing I learned from the New Member Process was to ask for help.  I noticed that I have a tendency no to ask for help until whatever I’m dealing with becomes an enormous issue.  I am better at reaching out to others because people cannot read minds.  You have to speak up when something is bothering you.

All of US and Our Wonderful new Member Educator Tanya

KDChi Formal 2012

KDChi Formal 2012

Kappa Delta Chi-All Photos Taken by Jenny Jimenez or Karina Marquez.

Some of Alpha Gamma class with Tanya our NME.

Alpha Gamma Class Spring 2012

Tina Chavez, Brenda Tobar, Celeste Orta, Karina Marquez, Janett Villegas, Mariela Rubio, Genesis Mercado, Grisel Perez, Aimee Vasquez, Jen Gonzalez, Yazmin Pacheco, Abby Leija, Jocelyn Zuniga, Jenny Jimenez and Jelisa Robinson.

Special Thanks: Tanya, our New Member educator for being such a role model, my big Jessica Sosa, my mentor Laiah Ellen, my class sisters and my family and friends.

All thanks goes to God.

photo of Jelisa