I’d like to give a special shout out to those who make up my support system at UT…you all know who you are.It is because of you all that I am able to call UT my home away from home. Each memory that we have made is amazing and you all have shaped me into the person I am today. I’ve been blessed to have the best friends, mentors, professors and loved ones who make my life better. I didn’t have many real friends in high school and I am humbled and blessed that you all are apart of my life.
THANKS GOES TO…
My mom and Dad and Nathan and Jonathan…these college years have been rough but I could not have done this without you. Thank you for every piece of advice, financial support and coaching you have given me during college and even before that. Mom and Dad, I am so blessed to have you all as my parents. I cannot wait to make you proud and receive my degree in Theatre and Dance and Latin American Studies Spring 2014! Nathan and Jonathan, I am so proud of the young men that you have become. You will go further than I will and continue to make yourselves and our family proud.
All thanks and glory goes to God. For His guidance, love and the fact that he has showered me with so many supportive people for my journey. This has truly been the best year of my college career. My faith has increased, my life is enhanced. I finally got to live my dream of blogging for UT
Lesson #_____: Anything you believe, you can achieve.
First of all, apologies for not blogging for a while, who knew my last semester of school would be so busy?? On top of my normal course load, applying for jobs, intramurals, and getting in quality time in with my friends before we all part ways after graduation, this semester has turned into an incredibly hectic one! Okay, so here’s what you have missed: 1. I got a job DAing for a Design IV studio. DAing, is similar to TAing only instead of being a Teaching Assistant, I am a Design Assistant. This means that I help out a professor, Judy Birdsong, with her students. I mainly help with the smaller problems, where Judy talks about the major issues, but I also act as their cheerleader and mentor to help them through their design project. I have had a really great time doing this job, not only are the students just absolutely wonderful, I feel like I have learned so much from them! Such a worthwhile experience!
2. Our intramural team “The Graveyard Shift” (comprised of mainly architecture students), made it to the softball playoffs for the first time! We have had this team for four years now, playing softball, football, and volleyball, and after three seasons this was our first time to playoffs in softball. We lost out in the first round by one point, but we were happy just to be there. We never really had time to practice since we are all so busy, but we had a great team nonetheless. I can’t say how much I enjoyed being a part of an intramural team and how much it meant to me. I will miss these guys!
3. Spring Break was a blast! A huge group of us went to Bourbon street and then to a beach house in Gulf Shores. It was absolutely gorgeous and a great time. I always wanted to take one of those trips where a huge group all road trips somewhere fun and I can now check it off my list! It was everything I thought it would be!
4. I got my class ring! I was sooooooo excited about this for two reasons: I never got my high school class ring and it will be a constant reminder of my wonderful experience I had at this great university! I got my ring from the CO-OP because I have incredibly small hands and the Balfour one just looked ridiculous on my hand. I love the orange sapphires!
5. Beaux Arts Ball was a huge success! The Beaux Arts Ball is our architecture formal and is put on by UASC(Undergraduate Architecture Student Council), of which I am the financial director, and AIAS(American Institute of Architecture Students). Our theme was An Apocalyptic Affair, so all of our decorations centered around the world ending. We had a countdown streaming on the wall going until midnight where all of the lights shut off and end of the world scenes from movies started playing and black lights came on revealing Mayan symbols. It was a huge hit and I had such a great time!
6. I just want to give a quick shout out to my best friends Julie and Parker. They are the best people I have every met and have made my college experience better than I could have imagine. I love you guys soo much!
From here its 3 days until my last class, 9 until my final review, and 18 until graduation. The end is so close!