Facts about your family:
I am an only child. I live with my mom, who is one of my best friends.
Why did you choose to attend The University of Texas at Austin?
UT has amazing academics and I wanted to leave my hometown to have new experiences. Of course, go Longhorns! It also has great performing arts, which I love.
What do you want to do when you graduate from the university?
Something with dance, journalism and/or marketing. And be happy and fulfilled.
If you had to choose one thing about yourself to share with the university’s Web audience, what would it be?
I like being happy and making friends while helping others make connections … so talk to me!
Who are your heroes?
My elementary school dance teacher, Ms. Bev Melum. She passed away last year, but still inspires me. Then there’s Oprah, simply because she’s amazing and makes miracles happen.
If you could travel to one spot anywhere in the world, where would you want to visit?
I can’t choose just one. Harry Potter Land, Hawaii, Italy, Greece, London and the Bahamas.
What are your favorite books? What books would you recommend to someone you just met?
“HARRY POTTER”! “A Raisin in the Sun” by Lorraine Hansberry, “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert and “Native Son” by Richard Wright.
I would recommend these as well as any classics:
- “Frankenstein” by Mary Shelley
- “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” by Mark Twain
- “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” by Roald Dahl
- “Of Mice and Men” by John Steinbeck
- “To Kill A Mockingbird” by Harper Lee
- And any book written by Dr. Seuss
Books that are on my to-read list:
- “Beloved” by Toni Morrison
- “The Time Traveler’s Wife” by Audrey Niffenegger
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
- “The Scarlet Letter” by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen
- “Perks of Being a Wallflower” by Stephen Chbosky
What pushes your buttons? What are your pet peeves?
When people leave the toilet seat up or don’t flush the toilet — gross! I am also very impatient, especially with slow drivers and people who only care about themselves.
What are your favorite Web sites? Why?
- Facebook — because I like to be in the know and see what everyone is up to.
- Yahoo! Mail — it’s e-mail.
- YouTube — I love to look at funny or dance or music videos.
- IMDb — I like looking up the trivia of movies and actors — nerdy I know.
What are your favorite foods?
Pasta. Salad. Nutella and bread. Potatoes! Yuuuum.
What music are you listening to?
Hip hop, pop and alternative. Anything I can dance to.
What are your all-time favorite movies? Why?
I love movies, however, my favorites are:
“Dirty Dancing” — self-explanatory.
“The Breakfast Club” — It is a classic 80s teen movie. I love the characters and their stories and the way they all become friends at the end. The ending with the song “You Forget About Me” is classic!
Honorable mention goes to:
- “The Hangover”
- “Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion”
- “The Parent Trap”
- “27 Dresses”
- “The Lion King”
- “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”
- “National Treasure”
Who are your favorite artists?
Visual arts artists? Monet. Musical artists? Jay-Z, Black Eyed Peas, Coldplay, Norah Jones, Michael Jackson, B.o.B, Taylor Swift and Michael Bublé.
What are your favorite academic subjects? What are you interested in studying in the future?
Math and English. I’d like to study marketing.
What’s your favorite spot on campus?
Dobie Cafeteria. Then Gregory Gym to work off what I just ate at Dobie Cafeteria.
Where are your favorite places to go in Austin? What are your favorite things to do in Austin?
I have more to explore before I find a favorite place. BookPeople and Barton Creek Mall are pretty exciting though.
What are your favorite free-time activities?
Dancing, watching movies, reading, sleeping, playing the piano and listening to music.
Other interesting facts about you:
- I’ve been dancing since I was three.
- I was chosen by my graduating class and faculty to speak at my graduation. It was one of my favorite nights of high school.
- My high school broadcast news team placed third at nationals! Yay!
- Three of my favorite quotes come from Dr. Seuss:
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than you’re dreams.”
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
“Don’t cry because it ended, smile because it happened.”