Facts about your family:
- I have one brother who attends the University of Chicago
- I don’t have any grandparents
- Both my parents work at Texas A&M University
- We’re of Irish/German/English descent
- Even though we lived in College Station, we’re all very liberal
Why did you choose to attend The University of Texas at Austin?
Besides that it’s among the top three best universities in Texas, I came because I really felt comfortable with the academic and social environment here. I knew noone here would judge me, and that I would be free to study and learn what I’m truly passionate about from a qualified staff. Also, Austin is a pretty neat place, too, if I may say so!
What do you want to do when you graduate from the university?
I would like to eventually go to graduate school, but I am thinking I may go to China first to teach English to kids. China has a huge problem with having under-qualified English teachers, and I would love to have the opportunity to help fix that problem.
If you had to choose one thing about yourself to share with the university’s Web audience, what would it be?
I’m secretly a huge nerd!
Who are your heroes?
- John Stewart
- Barack Obama
- Margaret Cho
- Rachael Ray
- J.K. Rowling
- Steven Colbert
- Steve Jobs
If you could travel to one spot anywhere in the world, where would you want to visit?
China, of course!
What are your current favorite books? What books would you recommend to someone you just met?
I love “Harry Potter,” “Lord of the Rings,” “Sword of Truth,” “Ender’s Game,” “Perks of Being a Wallflower” and “Running with Scissors,” and I would recommend all of them!
What pushes your buttons? What are your pet peeves?
- dirty dishes
- wrinkly clothes
- skipping breakfast
- fast food
- 8 a.m. classes
- bad hair days
- bad grammar
- sunglasses…because they never look good on me
What are your favorite Web sites? Why?
- CNN – I’m a news junkie
- Facebook – Who doesn’t like Facebook?
- LiveJournal – What I use for my other blog
- Wikipedia – Most useful Web site out there
- Rotten Tomatoes – I like to read reviews before I go see movies.
- VG Cats – My favorite Web comic!
- Something Awful – Hilarious
What are your favorite foods?
- olives (I eat them out of the jar)
- basically all Asian food
What music are you listening to?
I listen to a lot of techno/trance, hip hop, R&B, dance and pop music. Just to list a few of my favorite artists: OutKast, Kylie Minogue, Paul van Dyk, Missy Elliott, Imogen Heap.
What are your all-time favorite movies? Why?
I loved “Lord of the Rings” and “The Matrix” because, like I said earlier, I’m a nerd. “Garden State” has a special place in my heart, too. It’s my feel-good movie.
Who are your favorite artists?
Vivaldi, Salvador Dali, Tchaikovsky, Holst, Bach.
What are your favorite academic subjects? What are you interested in studying in the future?
I love linguistics, math, history and (for the most part) chemistry/biology. I’m excited to further my language skills in the future and perhaps go into international business.
What’s your favorite spot on campus?
Aside from the palace-like Duren Hall, I would definitely say the “Six Pack.” It’s just so pretty!
Where are your favorite places to go in Austin? What are your favorite things to do in Austin?
To be honest I don’t feel like I’ve had quite enough time to full explore this amazing city, but there are a few things I’ve really enjoyed thus far. The live music venues are obviously a primary attraction, as well as all of the restaurants (Magnolia Café!). Blazer Tag is a lot of fun, too!
What are your favorite free-time activities?
- hanging out with friends
- video games
- clothes shopping
- Wikipedia (no joke)
- working out
- eating everything in sight
Other interesting facts about you:
- I’m a gymnast (not a great one, mind you)
- My friends say I’m Asian deep down
- I can beat you at Dance Dance Revolution
- I built my desktop PC
- I’ve traveled to Germany, Switzerland, England, France, Austria, Greece and Japan
- I worked at a bakery for a year
- If you couldn’t already tell, I’m a big foodie
- I drive stick-shift
- I plan on studying abroad in China my junior year