Who We Are
Make a real difference working in IT at The University of Texas at Austin. Join the Information Technology Services (ITS) team and enjoy our creative and vibrant campus lifestyle. We work with leading edge IT at scale and offer careers which foster authentic work/life balance.
- UT-Austin Jobs Site
- UT-Austin Information for Prospective Employees
- The Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer - Integration Architect
- Software Developer/Analyst
- Information Technology Manager
- Help Desk Representative
- Software Engineer
- Senior Information Technology Manager
- Senior Network Engineer - Enterprise Network Engineer III
- Senior Systems Administrator
- Senior Database Administrator
- Senior Network Engineer
- Network Engineer - Enterprise Network Engineer I
Student Part-time Positions
ITS is a great place for students to find an on-campus job, to develop customer service skills, and get real professional experience that translates into a leg up on the competition after you graduate. Not only that, a job with ITS can be a stepping stone to a fulfilling information technology jobs at the University. Just to give you an idea of the possibilities, our current Director of Networking, Information Security Officer, and staff in Applications, Networking, User Services, the Information Security Office, and Systems started out at the ITS Help Desk as student employees.
Partime student worker positions are non-benefit earning.
Student Career Internship Program (SCIP)
Our unique Student Career Internship Program (SCIP) gives students a chance to apply classroom learning to challenging real-world projects and opens the doors to rewarding careers. The program allows students to fulfill their departmental requirements and, if eligible, receive academic credit. While employed, students gain valuable work experience, obtain on-the-job training, and have an opportunity to develop a professional networking base for future careers in their field. For additional information regarding this initiative, please contact the Central Business Office at CBO-HR@austin.utexas.edu.
About The University of Texas at Austin - Information Technology Services
The University of Texas at Austin and Information Technology Services provides an outstanding benefits package to our staff. Those benefits include:
- Paid insurance
- Defined contribution plans
- Leave accrual
- Paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Athletic ticket discounts
- Credit union membership
- Access to UT-Austin's 19 libraries and museums
- Free ride on all UT Shuttle and Capital metro buses with ID card
We work with staff to balance their home and work life by allowing them to work flexible schedules.