The Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) describes guidelines for using computer and information technology resources at The University of Texas at Austin.
Account holders must also follow these rules:
- I will have only one individually funded (IF) account.
- I am responsible for all activities and charges accrued on any accounts from ITS.
- I am the only person who will use any accounts from ITS. I will NEVER share these accounts.
- I will not be paid, or otherwise commercially profit, from the use of any of my accounts or from any output produced using them.
- I will use these accounts only while actively affiliated with UT Austin.
- I understand that the university will provide these accounts only in support of my university activities.
- I will read and abide by all UT Austin policies governing my computing activities, including but not limited to those outlined in the document, Acceptable Use Policy.
Note: Information Technology Services (ITS) can permanently close any of your accounts if you violate any of these rules. Your accounts will also be closed when you are no longer a valid UT Austin student, faculty, staff or retiree.