ITS Services Status
Current Service Interruptions
URGENT: OpenSSL exploit in the wild. Please ensure OpenSSL is appropriately patched. Please see the Information Security Office wiki for more information.
- RESOLVED: Austin Disk Services Planned Maintenance
Maintenance window complete.
Austin Disk Services Planned Maintenance
Customers utilizing the following dependent services may be affected:
* Austin Disk shares (user home directories and departmental shares)
* Stat Apps Server (user profiles, redirected documents folders, etc.)
* Web publishing content on Austin Disk (ColdFusion, Access databases and HTML pages)
* Access to Green Output of mainframe reports. (For Austin Disk storage only. Reports sent to WebSpace are not impacted.)
* vDesk Virtual Desktops
* Other local resources that make use of Austin Disk will also be affected.
Service availability may be intermittent during the maintenance window. Once maintenance is complete, users may need to log in again to re-establish connections to Austin Disk and user profiles.
Start: 04/20/2014 00:00:00
End: 04/20/2014 06:00:00
- RESOLVED: UTDirect beta and qual filer expedited non disruptive maintenance
Maintenance completed. No service downtime observed.
Maintenance is beginning.
- New VoIP System Feature Issue
Some new VoIP system users reported issues with activating or deactivating Call Forward variants features on 04/09/14. While our vendor is working to resolve this issue, any users experiencing this problem can submit a trouble on line at https://utdirect.utexas.edu/tn/tr/index.WBX or call 512-471-5711 option 1 until issue is resolved.
No additional updates will be made until the vendor releases a fix and maintenance is scheduled.
- UT Wikis Intermittent Outages
Service Functioning, Temporary Solution in Place
The University Wikis Service is experiencing intermittent outages. ITS staff continue to monitor and investigate the root cause of the issue, but users should expect intermittent brief outages until the root cause is discovered.
- Yahoo DMARC impacting several campus services
ITS has identified probable disruption of email communications in the following services due to Yahoo’s implementation of their new DMARC, or Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance policy:
Services with confirmed Impact
• UT Lists
Services with probable Impact
• Group Messaging
Services with potential Impact
Impacted populations have been identified as recipients with @yahoo.com domains, or Yahoo managed domains such as @sbcglobal.net, @swbell, @att.net, and @comcast.net. Senders from these domains may also see bounces from @hotmail.com, @msn.com, @live.com, and @google.com (and any Google Apps addresses, including UTMail users).
Until such a time as Yahoo changes this policy, we suggest using one of the email accounts sponsored by The University of Texas at Austin, changing official email addresses, and changing addresses in UT Lists. Sponsored Accounts for students include UTmail. Sponsored accounts for faculty and staff include AEMS and Office 365, as decided by your department.
|No maintenance to be scheduled|