Software Developer Training Program
Do you have effective communication skills? Do you like working with people? Do you like working with computers or want to learn how to work with computer technology? Consider becoming a Software Developer!
The University of Texas at Austin has a unique training program where individuals are trained on the job to become Software Developers. Upon successful completion of training, individuals join project teams that:
- Write computer programs for administrative offices
- Develop administrative applications
- Serve as consultants to departments
- Improve and streamline administrative processes
- Document systems and processes
- Advocate innovative technological solutions
- Teach classes to university employees
Prospective Software Developer trainees must pass an aptitude test, which is administered by the hiring department.
ITS also offers this training to existing University employees sponsored by their departments. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or you have someone on your team you would like to send through training.