Project: Blackboard 9.1 Upgrade
Blackboard 9.1 Upgrade Project Overview
5/26/2011 - The project is on target to upgrade Blackboard, our current learning management system, to the latest version 9.1. The upgrade is scheduled for Monday, May 30, 2011. Summer training workshops have begun for faculty and staff.
Information Technology Services (ITS) is upgrading Blackboard to the most recent version, 9.1. The upgrade will keep Blackboard, the university's current learning management system (LMS), up-to-date and efficient as campus investigates other options.
The goals of the project are to:
- Upgrade to Blackboard 9.1 and to a newer version of Oracle
- Provide frequently requested features such as course wikis and easier file uploads
- Improve the system's performance by providing important software fixes
- Continue to support the current LMS as campus investigates other options
The project includes the following tasks and deliverables:
- Late April 2011 – Archiving of old courses begins
- May 9, 2011 – Formal announcement about Blackboard 9.1 Upgrade sent to campus; summer courses available in Blackboard 9.1
- May 4-29, 2011 – Archiving of old courses takes place
- May 30, 2011 – Upgrade to Blackboard 9.1 complete
- Training Workshops Available – Summer & Fall 2011