UT Enterprise Bulk Storage (UTEBS)
UT Enterprise Bulk Storage (UTEBS) is a cost effective, reliable building block for services and applications that require large amounts of data storage. UTEBS is intended to serve departments, colleges, and research units with servers located in the University Data Center.
|UTEBS is recommended for:||UTEBS is NOT recommended for:|
|Virtual servers||Virtual desktops|
|Departmental file servers||High-performance databases|
|Research data sets (e.g. storing the results)|
|Large file storage (e.g. media storage)|
|Target for back-up data|
- iSCSI-based block storage
- Cost effective, enterprise-class storage
- High bandwidth connectivity within the University Data Centers
- Compatible with other ITS services: UT Virtual (UT-V), CrashPlan server backup
- Highly reliable due to a fault-tolerant hardware architecture
- Scalable storage framework to meet storage growth on campus
Each 1 GB costs $0.40 per year. Storage is available for purchase in 512 GB increments, with a starting minimum of 1024GB (1TB).