Project: Canvas Learning Management System
The project will be broken into two phases:
Phase Zero - Mandatory Implementation
This phase will include the planning and mandatory implementation work necessary to use Canvas in academic year 2012-13
- Complete mandatory integration tasks and have production environment ready for Phase One usage by the beginning of Fall Semester 2012.
- Select 1-2 Canvas plug-ins/web services for investigation and integration.
- Develop a support structure for Phase One.
Phase One - Canvas use during academic year 2012-13
Instructors will use Canvas for a small number of courses during academic year 2012-13. To have a broad and representative sampling, courses will be selected from various colleges and schools across campus.
- Evaluate the use and effectiveness of Canvas from a faculty, student and technical staff perspective in an active classroom setting. Blackboard use will also be evaluated.
- Deliver recommendation based on data gathered from Phase One participants.
Online Training Center
- Up-to-date news
- Links to our Teacher Training webinar recordings
- Tutorials (Step by step pdfs and videos for getting started with Canvas)
- FAQs (Answers to questions we've received to date)
- Training Information (Intermediate to advanced level workshops)
- Office hours schedule (Your opportunity to receive individual attention for questions, concerns, and curriculum design)