Custom Web Publishing
Custom Web publishing is recommended for official university departments and research units that want to publish Web sites and require Web hosting and a custom URL within the utexas.edu, utexas.org or utexas.net domains. The service can also be used for hosting content for custom domains (domain names must be registered).
Some examples of domain names are:
For custom frameworks and other languages such as such as Ruby, Python, and .NET, please refer to the Virtual Server service.
Use of a CMS is allowed, but is unsupported by ITS. Use of a CMS requires an SSL certificate. If you are planning to use a CMS, please consult the Web Central team.
- 24-hour operator coverage with daily backups
- Access to Helix Streaming Media Server
- Urchin Web Analytics available upon request
- Supports connections to a MySQL or SQL Server database
- Supports SSL-based authentication (requires an SSL Certificate)
- Consolidating your server needs by using ITS hosting saves significant power - approximately 6570 kWh per year per server
Costs vary according to technology selected. Basic requirements may include: