The Document Repository service offers client applications the ability to store and retrieve binary or text files, and metadata about them. Documents are stored on a file-system that is part of the UT Austin campus network. Arrangements have been made for repository backup and other Disaster Recovery (DR) scenarios.
- Appropriate for files with "Category 1" security classification.
- Client applications access it through a Web Service (HTTPS + REST) interface. The service is agnostic with respect to client programming language (e.g. Java, PHP, Python, C#) or platform (e.g. PyPE, Microsoft .NET).
- A separate Document Repository Interface (DRI) is also provided, to facilitate use by webAgent and Natural clients.
- All files are automatically scanned for viruses upon upload and download.
- Files are stored in named repositories that belong to client departments/organizations. A repository name and a password secures access to individual repositories.
- The maximum file size is 100 MB.
The Document Repository is available at no cost to campus departments and academic units. Limits on storage availability apply.
As part of the Administrative Services Modernization Program (ASMP), the current service is slated to be replaced by a new one based on a commercial product. Current timeframe estimate for this is 2015-16. At that time, Document Repository clients will have the option to migrate to the new service.